Sea moss is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, but there are some vitamins that are not present or are present only in small amounts. These include:
- Vitamin B12: Sea moss is not a reliable source of vitamin B12, which is primarily found in animal-derived foods.
- Vitamin D: Sea moss does not contain vitamin D, which is primarily obtained through exposure to sunlight and fortified foods.
- Vitamin K: Sea moss contains only small amounts of vitamin K, which is primarily found in leafy green vegetables and other plant-based foods.
- Vitamin E: While sea moss does contain some vitamin E, it is not a particularly rich source of this nutrient.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): Sea moss contains some thiamine, but it is not a particularly rich source of this nutrient.
While sea moss may not be a comprehensive source of all vitamins, it is still a nutrient-dense food that contains many important vitamins and minerals.